Jafar Adeli - Leicester

Pleaded Guilty To Attempting To Meet A Child (14) Following Sexual Grooming, Recieved 27 Months Custodial Sentence, 10 Years On The Sexual Offenders Register & Faces Possible Deportation More »

Peter Hyam - South Ockendon

Pleaded Guilty To Two Counts Of Arraging To Meet A Child For Sex & Making Indecent Images Of A Child, He Was Sentenced To 32 Months Custodial & 10 Years On The Sexual Offenders Register More »

James Stone - Nottingham

James Stone, 24, pleaded guilty to: • two counts of sexual assault with a child • one count of sexual activity with a child • two counts of possession of indecent photographs of a child • one count of possessing an extreme pornographic image, showing a sexual act between a human and an animal. More »

Terry Matthews - Leamington Spa

Convicted For Attempting To Meet A Child Following Sexual Grooming, Recieved A 13 Months Suspended Prison Sentence & Must Sign The Sex Offenders Register For 10 Years More »

Tom Watson - Leicester

Convicted For Attempting To Meet A Child Following Sexual Grooming, Recieved An 8 Month Suspended Sentence & Must Sign The Sex Offenders Register For 10 Years More »

Quisar Yousaf - Coventry

Convicted of 2 counts of arranging or facilitating the commission of a child sex offence. Sentenced To 12 months custodial & is to be deported. More »

Petr Juranek, Leicester

A man from the Czech Republic who sent sexually explicit images to what he believed to be a 14 year old girl has walked away from Leicester Crown Court today (3/3/16) with a 12 month sentence (suspended for 12 months), 5 years on the sex offenders register and barring list – DESPITE activly pursuing a child with sexual advances, indecent images & a video of himself masturbating. More »

 

Monthly Archives: October 2015

Keith Ferguson, 44 of Aberdeen

A depraved paedophile set up secret cameras to film children and a woman in sexual scenes.

Keith Ferguson preyed on his victims over a five-year period.

But he was snared after police received information from the National Online Child Abuse Prevention Agency and searched his home in Aberdeen.

At the High Court in Edinburgh yesterday the 44-year-old admitted a string of charges.

They included downloading and possessing indecent photographs and photographing a primary school age girl undressing.

He also admitted sexually assaulting young girls including raping one while she was asleep and engaging in sexual activity in the presence of two youngsters.

He also admitted sexually assaulting a woman while she was asleep.

The offences covered a period from June 3, 2010, to June 3 this year.

Advocate depute, Stephen McCloy, prosecuting told judge Lord Malcolm that police found 1,552 downloaded indecent photographs, with 78 at the most serious level.

There were 233 indecent videos, with 103 at the top level.

The images were mainly of girls aged between two and 14.

The search also uncovered the mobile phone and hidden camera pictures of his victims, taken mostly when they were sleeping.

Mr McCloy said that when Ferguson was interviewed by police about the downloaded images, he told them he had been searching for “normal films” and images of naked children had “come up” which he ended up keeping.

The pictures taken by him on his mobile phone showed him moving or removing the clothing of the sleeping children and molesting them.

Lord Malcolm told Ferguson he would defer sentence for background reports and a risk assessment.

He also placed him on the sex offenders register.

Ferguson, described as a prisoner at HMP Grampian, will return to court for sentence on October 28.

Arthur John Cook, 66 of Greengarth, Upperby

Arthur Cook, 68, received the 10-year prison term after he was convicted of the historic sexual abuse of two boys.

Carlisle Crown Court heard then that Cook committed these offences over many years, and “blighted the childhood” of the youngsters.

But media coverage of that case prompted two more victims to come forward and say that they had also been abused.

At the crown court today Cook received an additional four years in prison – to be served consecutively – having pleaded guilty to seven additional charges.

He admitted six indecent assaults on a female aged under 13 in the early 1970s, and sexual activity with a boy in the early 2000s.

Judge Paul Batty QC told Cook, previously of Greengarth, Carlisle: “This is about as serious a case of this type as one can envisage.”

August 2013

A paedophile jailed for 10 years who left his victims so traumatised they were silenced for decades worked in two Carlisle schools

Arthur John Cook, 66, preyed on young boys and “blighted their childhoods”, Carlisle Crown Court heard.

Described in court as a teacher, Cook actually worked at a school in Harraby as a classroom assistant, and later as a technician, or handyman, at Carlisle College for around a decade.

Police fear his access to children at school may mean there are more victims yet to come forward.

“We believe that other children may have suffered at the hands of Cook, and we appeal to them – it is not too late,” said Detective Constable Andrew Donnelly.

Cook was jailed for 10 years after a jury earlier found him guilty of abusing one boy in 1976 and another over more than a decade between the mid-1990s and the mid-2000s.

Cook, of Greengarth, Upperby, a former community hall secretary, had pleaded guilty to 18 counts of possession of indecent images of children at an earlier hearing.

The court heard the effects of Cook’s “campaign of abuse” over many years on his victims, who are both now grown adults.

Judge John Batty QC, referring to the first victim, said Cook had “blighted his childhood, and from that he will never recover”.

He said what he did to him had such an effect on him that it took him 40 years to “pluck up the courage” to speak out. He had been left “haunted all his life” by the abuse and was only able to tell his sister what had happened four years ago.

“That’s the evil of this type of sexual offence,” Judge Batty said.

And regarding the second victim, Judge Batty described how Cook had “groomed him” and “abused his position of trust as a pillar of the community”.

The victim only came forward when he saw Cook around some other children years later because he didn’t want the same thing to happen to them.

The court also heard how police had found around 3,000 indecent images of children on his computer, some at the most serious level.

And while he was on bail for these offences officers uncovered Cook’s new computer, which he bought after his first was seized, which also contained more than 450 sick images of children.

In sentencing Cook, Judge Batty took into account his poor health and his age but said he had presented himself as a “pillar of the community but you were much, much worse than anyone ever realised”.

Cook was given a three-year jail sentence for the first victim in the case and six years in prison, to run consecutively, for the second.

He had pleaded guilty to 18 counts of making indecent photographs of a child and was given two 12-month jail terms, to run concurrently, for these offences.

Judge Batty told Cook he will serve half the 10 year sentence before being released on licence.

He was also made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order indefinitely and was placed on the sexual offenders’ register for life.

Afterwards Judge Batty gave DC Andrew Donnelly, from the Carlisle Public Protection Unit, a special commendation for his work in bringing Cook to justice.

DC Donnelly praised the courage of the victims in coming forward.

He added: “The sentence should give his victims some sense of justice and hopefully some form of closure. We hope they can try and move on from the terrible ordeal that they suffered at the hands of Cook.”

Terence Knight, 50 of Ilfracombe / Marguerite Close, Tiverton

A RAPIST who made a 13-year-old girl pregnant has been jailed for nine years after a DNA test showed he was the father of the child.

Terence Knight was working as a carer when he met the victim who he groomed for sex before raping her repeatedly at his home in North Devon.

The girl became pregnant and gave birth to a child when she was just 14 but hid the truth about Knight for years before she went to the police.

She has now had to explain to her child that Knight is the biological father after DNA tests proved his paternity, Exeter Crown Court was told.

Knight, aged 50, formerly of Ilfracombe and Marguerite Close, Tiverton, admitted six counts of rape and was jailed for nine years by Judge Francis Gilbert, QC.

He told him:”You abused this girl most dreadfully and caused her to become pregnant when she was just 13. Your initial reaction to her allegations was to deny everything and it was only after DNA proved you were the father of the child that you admitted intercourse.

“Your denials must have caused the victim a great deal of distress. The victim impact statement demonstrates the very significant consequences she suffered and the damage you did to her.”

Miss Mary McCarthy, prosecuting, said Knight met the girl when she was 13 and took advantage of her vulnerability by paying attention to her and complimenting her on her appearance.

He first raped her after bending her over a quad bike and carried on despite her telling him to stop and saying he was hurting her.

He went on to rape her again on a number of occasions and told her she did not have to worry about becoming pregnant because he is diabetic.

Miss McCarthy said:”In fact she became pregnant very quickly and she gave birth when she was 14. Her victim impact statement makes it clear this made things very difficult for her at school. She later had to explain to her child that Knight was his father.

“Knight was arrested and interviewed. He denied any sexual activity of any kind until DNA testing proved his paternity.”

Miss Sarah Reeve, defending, said has been suffering from depression since the 1990s and is currently being treated for a range of health issues relating to his diabetes. These include kidney disease, arthritis and anaemia.

She said Knight is now separated from his wife and his two grown up sons have been devastated by the case.

Knight has been living on a tagged curfew at a temporary bail address in Cheddon Road, Taunton, for the ten months since his arrest.